The first lesson in thinking brought to you by Monkey Magic
“In the worlds before Monkey, primal chaos reigned. Heaven sought order, but the phoenix can fly only when its feathers are grown. The four worlds formed again and yet again, As endless aeons wheeled and passed. Time and the pure essences of Heaven, the moisture of the Earth, and the powers of the Sun and the Moon all worked upon a certain rock – old as creation, and it magically became fertile. That first egg was named thought. Tathakata Buddha, the Father Buddha, said “With our thoughts we create the world”. Elemental forces caused the egg to hatch. From it then came a stone monkey… The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!
While I do like to include some personal favourites in my blogging, this one is not included without meaning.
There is a core message which I would like to pass on via this article, in fact this is the first lesson what will become a concice learning programme that I am developing.
The message is: “With our thoughts we create the world”.
30 seconds into the intro of this much loved series is a literal intellectual gem.
What can we all take away from this statement?
- The statement refers to perception.
- Perception is where we make sense of what we see.
- Everyone perceives the world, therefore everyone creates the world.
- Each persons perception is different as it is based on the comparison between what they are seeing/experiencing and what they have seen and experienced in the past.
- Everone therefore creates a different world even though they are exposed to the same physical world.
- The world is in your head.
This completes lesson 1